Victims of RCL-RBIL Builders unite to fight for justice

Mumbai, 8th February, 2018: Flat buyers cheated by RCL-RBIL group of builders held a meeting last Saturday (3rd Feb) at Veer Kotwal Udyan in Dadar to discuss their future course of action. About 30 flat buyers attended the meeting. The majority were from two large housing projects in Karjat taluka, named Liberty Horizons and Ten Square, where . Also represented in the gathering was Marina Alibaug, currently being marketed as Cliff Haven by Enamour Realty Pvt Ltd and Sunvenn Advisors Pvt Ltd.

Victims of RCL-RBIL pose in front of a banner which asks, "Who will give us justice? What justice?". Contrasting the pleasant dreams shown in 2012 with the barren reality of 2018, the banner ends with
"Cheated by Real Buildcon Infrastructure Ltd, Karjat".
Overview of the Scam

RCL-RBIL builders collected over sixty crore rupees as booking amounts in 2011-12 from Liberty Horizons, Ten Square and Marina projects, and have not delivered any flats. Seven years later, Liberty Horizons and Ten Square are at a standstill, and Marina flats are being sold to a new set of buyers by renaming the project as Cliff Haven. Real Buildcon Infrastructure Ltd, having its registered office in Vashi, is at the epicentre of this huge scam. Its associated concern, Realliance Constructions Ltd, is not registered with the Registrar of Companies. Its name is deceptively similar to Reliance Construction Ltd. The company is referred to as RCL Homes on its website.  

RBIL directors Vaishali Savalkar and Minal Ramji Umrania are in charge of customer-handing in all the projects; they routinely mislead and browbeat customers on phone and email. Vaishali Savalkar is the power-of-attorney holder for registering the agreements. Anand Uttam Kadam and his wife Kavita Kadam seem to specialize in taking the blame and handling the police and court matters. Moorji Jethalal Fariya is the original land owner who conferred development rights on Pravin Hirji Thakkar, who then transferred the development rights to RCL and RBIL via power-of-attorney.

The builders rarely reply to emails, and refuse to accept Speedpost and registered post from customers and even law enforcement agencies. On the phone, they give rude and evasive replies to queries about refund of booking amount and delivery of flats, and they bluntly refuse to register the projects with MahaRERA. "Who is MahaRERA? What do we have to do with them?" they ask defiantly. They have refused to appear before the RERA authority even after being summoned.

Project Liberty Horizons

Liberty Horizons was launched by RBIL in September 2012 as a project with 1008 flats to be built in three phases at Kothimbe village. After substantial construction work was completed, phase A and B have been at a standstill for the past three years. Work on Phase C never got started. The consideration value of the flats varied between Rs 5.25 and Rs 7.5 lakh, according to their sizes. Flat buyers typically paid between 30% and 70% of the consideration value as booking amount. It is reckoned that the booking amounts collected between 2011 and 2013 was over Rs 20 crore.


Liberty Horizons, at a standstill since 2014.
Project Ten Square

Project Ten Square by RCL Homes in Kothimbe village was started in 2010. It had 248 housing units, ranging from studio apartments to bungalows and other configurations too. Its base price for a studio apartment was Rs 10 to 12 lakh. For the past three years, this project too is at a standstill. Some buildings are 70% complete, making the project look like a neighbourhood of haunted houses. The builders collected over Rs 30 crore as booking amounts from Ten Square.

Ten Square -- deserted like a ghost town from a Hollywood movie.

RCL-RBIL have swallowed the life-savings of approximately 1,500 middle-class families living in Mumbai region -- over Rs 50 crore, not counting interest. Will Maharashtra police be able to rein in these crooks, and give justice to these families?

WITH INPUTS FROM
Keerthy Naik
Mob 9137050532 / Whatsapp +254739176807
keerthy.p.naik@gmail.com

ISSUED IN PUBLIC INTEREST BY
Krishnaraj Rao
9821588114
krish.kkphoto@gmail.com







Comments

  1. Yes..they are playing with dream of having home and looting people.we are waiting for justice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We almost 100 people on what's app group have been duped and not getting help from our complaints on aple sarkar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks sir, for being our voice. All those builder and his teams are not afraid of anything and anyone. They are just showing us dreams and are enjoying with our hard earned money. We are group of 60 families among 1000 families who has invested in this project to have our own dream home came together and fighting for our money

    Request all others who has invested in the project but unaware of these cheating, to please come up and join hands with us to in our fight for our money.

    Thanks once again sir.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have invested in a unit in ten square and just saw this post. Please add me in group and keep me posted if any action is taken.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have also paid huge amount for flat. whenever i go to RBIL office at vashi, it is closed and not able to contact anyone. Please add me in group. My contact number is 9769724798

    ReplyDelete
  6. My no.is 9870126511. Pl.add me in your group I'm also affected person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My number is 8779861231
    Please add me as I also invested money in this project I mean RBIL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi all, I am also the victim, My name is Naynesh.Mevada. 9820078618. united we can take action. I am in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My number is 7738039711 Chetan Sonone even I had invested please add me for the updates

      Delete
  9. My number is 8097117031
    Please add me as I also invested money in this project I mean RBIL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes i m also affected by the same
    Invested my hard earned money bt received nothing in return

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes i m also affected by the same
    Invested my hard earned money bt received nothing in return

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have also invested in Liberty Horizon project Karjat.
    Please keep informing me for any of your further action
    I will attend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Guys good to see that ppl have taken ineciative to come togthr to fight against such fraud ppl. Plz add me if you havv any group
    Avinash Lavate 9702299922

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Guys good to see that somebody have taken initiative to come to gather to fight against such fraud builder. plz add me if you have any group.
    suhas 9930367511

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have also invested in Liberty Horizon project Karjat.
    Please keep informing me for any of your further action
    I will attend. 09594836888

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have also invested in Liberty Horizon project at Karjat.
    Please add me in your whats app group if you have created. I will fully support you all.
    Yatin Tambe - 7977746150

    ReplyDelete
  17. PLS ADD ME IF THERE IS ANY WHATS APP GROUP. - Avinash Lavate 9702299922.

    ReplyDelete
  18. PLS ADD ME IF THERE IS ANY WHATS APP GROUP. - Avinash Lavate 9702299922.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have also invested in Liberty Horizon project at Karjat.
    Please add me in your whats app group if you have created. I will fully support you all.
    Kuldip Rao - 9769623665 whassap no or email at kdr_deep@rediffmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have also invested in Liberty Horizon project at Karjat.
    Please add me in your whats app group if you have created. I will fully support you all.
    Kuldip Rao - 9769623665 whassap no or email at kdr_deep@rediffmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. We are going for a swap after ten years, too old to wait. If we all do it the builder will take over the project. And we would stand to gain.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have also invested with my friend's..pls add my number also in wats up..9819965535 Kaizad my namr

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello everyone.
    I had also invested in the small project keeping our gold for inital amount payment. Secondly taken preloan from DHFL.everytime I visited their office it is been closed.
    Please add me to the the group 9588786100

    ReplyDelete
  24. Please add me also 8108873422

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Did Akash Ambani, son of Mukesh Ambani, kill two persons in car crash

Short story: The faithful wife

India's "Anaadi" Courts -- where all your fundamental rights disappear